Job profile summary:
The key responsibility of this role is to receive and load product via Pipeline, Rail and Road. dip, sample and operate all valves during and after product receipt. Compile all relevant documentation related to product receipt and loading. Inspections of all equipment in tank farms and Road gantry. Complete log sheet of all operational activities daily and complete handover after every shift. Always ensure bulk tanks feeding the gantry met GFT quality requirements. Daily JetA1 and IP sampling of bulk tanks. Comply to Environmental Waste Management procedure by checking and cleaning of all Separator pits and proper disposal of all waste.
The operator’s role exists to comply fully with BP‘s HSSE (health, safety, security & environment) policies, standards, procedures and practices, more specifically to the relevant S&H Task Procedures, as are required during operations. The task procedures are derived from / contained in the Terminal Operating Manual (TOM) & also include maintenance & product quality processes. In addition to personal safety, it is imperative the incumbent consistently adheres to process safety guidelines as it applies to each task.
- Receive written instructions via email from Bp Supply or Chevron on product receipts (Pipeline, Ship and Road) and ensure COA is obtained before product receipt. Identify or consult with Operations Supervisor on receiving tanks and confirm available ullage. Ensure pre and post tank dips are verified. (Manual dipping vs. Enraf)
- Ensure opening and closing meter readings is taken for Road bridging for reconciliation purposes
- Ensure all valves during product receipt is correctly lined up.( Pipeline, Ship and Road)
- Monitor the filling or run down of tanks as per TOPS
- Take post delivery dips and samples upon completion of Product receipt (Pipeline, Road and rail)and recertify bulk tanks.
- Complete the following documentation: Dips sheets, Quality control, log book and handover sheet.
- Adhere and comply with the site rules, obligations and duties imposed by all relevant HSES aspects of his task
- Update of tank status board daily (tanks feeding the road gantry)
- Open and closing of tank farm inlet and outlet valves as per product receipt procedure (Pipeline, Ship and Road) follow lock open and log close procedure.
- Ensure receiving tanks outlet valves are closed and lock during product receipts
- Ensuring that the Tanks protective systems ( High and low level alarms are functional at all times and report any malfunctioning (Enraf and Independent High level alarms)
- Discharge shell and BP additives into the appropriate tanks
- Dip tanks for stock Management as and when required
Minimum standard 12; computer literate and must have knowledge of BP computer systems especially ISP. The incumbent must be in possession of code 08 driving licence.
Experience (years and nature)
2-5 Years Practical administrative and pipeline deliveries experience.
Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships with people. Large amount of energy and self discipline should be displayed.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.Bp has the following first grade jobs: