The Provincial Department of Public Works and Roads invite unemployed Administrators to apply for the vacancy post below…
Department of Public Works and Roads Internship Opportunities
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: REGISTRY REF NO: 2020/05
- A three year tertiary (NQF Level 6) or equivalent qualification as recognised by SAQA.
- Relevant experience in Inventory management, Client orientated and Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of National Archive Regulations, Public Finance Management Act, Provisioning management, Inventory administration, including stock keeping, procurement processes and procedures, inventory systems, general office management, human resources policies.
- Skills; record management, effective communication, report writing, planning and organising, basic numeracy, conflict management, problem solving, demonstrative computer literacy (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations) and interpersonal relations.
- Resourceful, ability to work under stressful situations, ability to communicate at all levels, people orientated, diplomacy, trustworthy, punctuality, hard-working, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Willing to adapt to work schedule in accordance with professional requirements.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: PROJECTS (2 POSTS) REF NO: 2020/06
- A three year tertiary qualification in Public Management/Administration, Computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excell and Outlook). Proficiency in English as business language i.e. verbal communication, report writing, letter writing and data capturing.
- At least two years relevant experience, i.e. in the built environment.
- Ability to work independently. Knowledge of WCS would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications. If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted on a signed Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, recently certified (within 6 months) copies of qualifications (matric certificate, certificates of qualifications), a valid Driver’s Licence (where required) and an Identification Document.
Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified. Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA. Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates. Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
Faxed, e-mailed or late applications will NOT be accepted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply: All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a compulsory technical or competency-based exercise that intends to test the relevant technical elements of the job as part of the interview process.
Following the technical exercise and the interview the selection panel will identify candidates to undergo the generic management competency assessments and successful candidate to sign a performance agreement and be subjected to security clearance.
Faxed applications will NOT be accepted.