Wesbank | Scoring Specialist
at House of WesBank, , Fairland, Gauteng, South Africa in WB Business Origination Scoring
Ends 06 Jan 2020
WesBank, a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading Vehicle and Asset Finance bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. WesBank has over 40 years experience in asset finance. We focus on providing secured instalment finance to retail, public sector and corporate markets, as well as related services such as insurance, fleet management and full maintenance rental. WesBank is the partner of choice for over 60 leading international brands in fields such as automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers and oil companies. We are a global company with successful operations throughout Africa as well as the UK.
The Scoring Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and refining scorecard models designed to filter specific approval rates and bad debt targets for the company’s new business. The incumbent ensures that models are developed within group and regulatory parameters and is expected to interpret and report on statistical trends.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum Qualification – A technical Bachelors degree (Engineering, Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics)
- Preferred Qualification – Masters of Business Mathematics and Informatics or Masters in Statistics /Maths or Honours in Actuarial Science
- Experience – Minimum of one year scorecard building in a banking environment Knowledge of SAS and modelling tools
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check. 1 year Banking/Financial Institute experience with SAS experience.
- Contributes to cost efficiencies
- Promotes teamwork amongst peers and team members
- Performs end-user scorecard testing and refinement and uses statistical analysis to support ad-hoc projects
- Maintains, monitors and refines statistical models
- Influences and obtains scorecard and or model approval
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with relevant Credit Risk stakeholders
- Project manages statistical model development
- Participates in planned activities that are appropriate for own development
- Ensures continuous process improvement to enable effective operational processes
- Ensures customer excellence through interaction with internal and external customers throughout all business activities