BEKA Schréder (Pty) Ltd, a lighting equipment and electric lamp manufacturer is calling on suitably qualified students to submit an application and be considered for the company’s Bursary Programme. Read on below to know more about the bursary coverage, eligibility requirements and the company behind this bursary opportunity.
The first BEKA Schréder manufacturing facility was opened in Namibia in 1978. Its first products were glass reinforced polyester poles including public lighting luminaires (complete lighting set) that offer long-lasting solutions for unforgiving inland and coastal conditions. The initial product offerings were a big success in South Africa. This paved the way for the company to move its headquarters and factory to Olifantsfontein.
BEKA Schréder became the first South African company to become ISO 9000 certified. This commitment to offering superior products became the company’s trademark and has driven BEKA Schréder to grow as the largest lighting manufacturer and a leading maker of exterior lighting.
BEKA Schréder Bursary Programme
The successful applicants will sign a bursary agreement with the company, which outlines the parameters of the bursary award. The bursary amount will be to a maximum of R75 000 and includes full coverage of school-related fees such as
- Tuition fees
- Meals and accommodation
- Required textbooks
Bursary coverage applies to students pursuing any of the following fields of study:
- Human Resources
- Finance or Accounting
- Logistics or Supply Chain
- Information Technology
Other important facts about the bursary
- Bursary coverage applies to one school year, thus existing beneficiaries will need to reapply for each year
- Successful applicants cannot receive other bursary benefits or other financial support
- Students who fail to complete the programme may be liable to reimburse the full or partial amount of the bursary award
- Beneficiaries will have the chance to do practical training or vacation work each year
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum entry requirements in order to apply:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Holds a Matric qualification or currently taking up Matric studies
- Pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time undergraduate course in any of the prescribed fields of study at any tertiary institution recognized by the Department of Higher Education
- Holds a strong academic background
Applicants who do not meet all the minimum requirements need not apply.
The company holds the sole discretion of awarding the bursary.
How do I apply?
If you happen to meet the minimum requirements and want to apply for bursary coverage, click here to start the process.
Download the BEKA Schréder Bursary Application Form. Upon completion of the form, applicants may send it electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note that the page may be unavailable from time to time
No deadline as the bursary application is accepted all year round.
For enquiries, get in touch with the BEKA Schréder Training Department:
Tel: 011 238 00885