Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa has exciting opportunities for suitably qualified and experienced candidates in the Logistics Department. The successful candidates will be appointed in the position of Operations Trainee : Logistics. The primary purpose of the Operations Trainee: Logistics is to gain knowledge and understanding of the various Logistics functions as part of a comprehensive development program working closely with management team. They will also gain understanding of the CCBSA order to payment process and the impact of each business unit on Warehouse and Distribution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate project activities and update project plans
• Engage with all project workstream leads
• Conduct administrative tasks in the warehouse excellence team
• Travel to sites
• Understand supply chain synchronisation and lean logistics.
• Develop and implement plans to optimise the operation by aligning resources to activity levels.
• Improve depot performance in Warehouse
• Manage supplier and outsourced relationships effectively
• Support the region in rolling out business strategy
• Ensure standardisation of operating practices
• Ensure standardisation of productivity measures
• Sharing of operational best practices across the regions
• Monitor the execution of Depot plans
• Analyse customer service and design plans to close gaps
• Monthly analysis on Key Performance Indicators
• Coordinate activities between Depots and Regional office
• Coordinate activities in multiple projects
• Administrative tasks in warehouse excellence team
Skills, Experience & Education
• Relevant Degree in Logistics
• Post graduate business related qualification;
• A minimum of 2-5 years post-qualification experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Logistics
• Supervisory / Management experience an advantage
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications, should please apply.