REF NO: TPW 2019-217
SALARY: R102 534 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government:
Maitland (X4 Posts)
George (X1 Post)
Ability to read and write/Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET); A
minimum of 7 months experience as a driver by occupation; A valid code 8
driving license with a professional valid driving permit (PDP).
A good understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Driving and operating a (flatbed) tow truck;
- To jumpstart a vehicle, and changing a wheel;
- Basic administration to complete forms, as well as to be able to operate a Garmin (navigation device), smart phone (and a hands free kit), digital camera, two-way radio and a tablet/laptop;
- Reporting procedures with reference to accidents, hijacking/vehicle theft and
- vehicle maintenance;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressurised circumstances and meet deadlines;
- Ability to deal with diversity;
- Telephone etiquette;
- Good client liaison skills;
- Able to work in a team and individually.
Download Application Forms
- Deliver vehicles to merchants for quotations, services and repairs, and collect
- once serviced/repaired;
- Perform GMT tow truck duties for local and long distance trips, as well as perform VIP standby duties (i.e. after hours call out and roadside assistance);
- Transporting vehicles from GMT to the auction site (for monthly auctions);
- Transporting new, relief and redundant vehicles between GMT’s premises;
- Moving vehicles on site – booked in at Division Repairs and Maintenance Coordination;
- Assist with fitment or removing decals from vehicles at the GMT premises or at Client Departments premises;
- Assist with charging vehicles batteries, and jumpstarting vehicles at GMT premises
- and Top Yard (Cape Town), and call outs to VIP clients.
Mr R Fourie at Tel No: (021) 467 4747
To submit your application, hand deliver your application form from Monday to Friday between 07:00am to 17:00pm to, (1) Attention:
Western Cape Government Jobs, Unit F6 Bayside Office, 43 Erica Road, Table View, 7441,
or you may post your application to (2) Attention: Western Cape Government Jobs, PO Box 60495, Table View, 7439, alternatively you may email your application to,(3)
Western Cape Government Jobs, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed copies will not be considered.
Please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum)
together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other
requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The post being applied for and
the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form.
Applicants from relevant local communities will receive preference. The selection
process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
CLOSING DATE: 09 December 2019