NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY POTCHEFSTROOM CAMPUS NWU EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: FINANCE AND FACILITIES NWU BUSINESS AND ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT NWU FLEET VEHICLES POSITION: DRIVER POSITION NUMBER: N001177 PEROMNES 15 PERMANENT POSITION Introduction: The NWU is an institution of excellence, progress and inclusiveness. Anchored to its dream to be an internationally recognized university in Africa, distinguished for engaged scholarship, social responsiveness and an ethic of care. Purpose of the Position: AN NWU Drivers responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, effective transportation according to planned route(s) and managing logbooks, receipts and payments. Ultimately, an NWU Driver increases client services and client satisfaction as clients depend on NWU fleet Drivers for transportation needs.
Responsibilities and Joint Accountabilities:
Fill and Refill Petrol Tanks with Petrol or Diesel
- Fill and Refill Petrol Tanks with Petrol or Diesel – it is essential to know the difference between the fuel types and grades (diesel and petrol) for different types of vehicles
Vehicle Operation and Maintenance
- Inspect and identify any vehicle and tyre damage then service accordingly as per the vehicle’s maintenance plan.
- Drive the NWU Vehicle(s) to and from NWU to various Destinations, including but not limited to; Dealers, Panel beaters and the license department.
- Manage general administration including but not limited to; Filing, Log Book(s) verification, completing fuel receipts and vehicle wash forms.
Internal and External Client Services
- Internal and External stakeholder relations including but not limited conducting your duties with the best interest of NWU at heart providing a professional and friendly service to the client.
NWU Occupational Health and Safety
- Take reasonable care of your health and safety as well as other persons at NWU whilst executing your duties as a NWU Driver – other persons normally include co-workers, contractors, visitors, students and the general public. [SAFETY COMES FIRST]
Personal and Professional Development
- Attend and Participate in all the necessary training and development courses – this may include relevant licences etc.,
Ad Hoc General Duties
- Conduct general tasks, including but not limited to; picking up goods, parts and products from stores and external Companies.
Other Technical [Knowledge] Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively function within a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Proficient knowledge regarding South African Road safety, traffic rules and regulations and driver Responsibilities.
- Proficient knowledge of fuel types and grades (diesel and petrol) for different types of vehicles to improve the function of the vehicle.
Essential Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent people relations and the ability to cultivate relationships
- Client orientated
- Problem-solving skills
Total remuneration package: Market relatedEnquiries: Arno van Tonder Contact No: 018 299 2735Closing date: 08 November 2019Commencement of duties: 01 December 2019To apply: Pease visit our website: ***url***/vacancies
The university subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and is committed to transformation. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Minimum essential Competencies Requirements:
- A Grade 12 [Matric] Certificate [NQF level 4]
- A valid South African Driver’s licence and a valid professional driving permit (PrDP)
- A Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as driver within a medium to large professional organization.