Forklift Driver (Johannesburg)
The above mentioned vacancy exists at our Depot in Denver, Gauteng. The successful incumbent will operate equipment, plan, coordinate and participate in the execution of depot activities and in an optimal and efficient manner in line with the relevant regulatory and legal compliance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Complete the daily machine checklist and report any faults to the Shift Supervisor.
- Receive and Dispatch Break-bulk, loose bulk, Stock pile and Product segregation.
- Ensure all cargo is are stacked according to the stacking procedure.
- Report any new accident damage to the Team Leader.
- Order picking, preparation for delivery and collections.
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage requirements and recommending improvements.
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions, and reporting breakdowns.
- Maintain physical appearance of property and equipment.
- Coordinate the activities prescribed in the safety management program.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing duties such as lifting and climbing,
- Correct unsafe work conditions and practices, report deviations to the Team Leader/SHEQ Officer.
- Participate in Daily toolbox talks and maintain safety standards
- PPE is required to be worn by everybody entering operational areas
- Report unsafe acts or areas to the Team Leader/SHEQ Officer.
- Maintain health and safety awareness amongst the team.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Efficiently move product as required
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment
- Valid unendorsed drivers licence
- NQF2, Code EC + PDP and 5 years driving experience
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tyre pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Must be multi skilled and be able to operate more than one type of mobile equipment
- Stacking of steel