Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam GroupInsurance Consultant x2
This career opportunity is available at Santam Specialist Business, Niche: Santam Transport for Insurance Consultant, who will be based in Sandton.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
•General policy administration of commercial business which includes issuance of new policies and amendments.
•Dealing with general enquiries and provide support to management and team.
•Adhering to the underwriting criteria as well as profiling the client as to the best product suitable.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE?
• Administration and issuing of policies on mainframe and Policy Center.
• Assist with general queries.
• Do confirmation of cover.
• Provide support to team members.
• General mandated payment requisitions.
• Liaise with brokers, claims, finance and other relevant parties to the underwriting process.
• Building a professional relationship with all stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
•Matric/ Grade 12
•1 year commercial underwriting experience
•Fully Computer literate (MS Office)
•Policy Center and Mainframe experience preferable
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate
• Technical and Analytical Skills
• Written and Verbal communication skills (English)
• Adaptable and responsive to change
• Client oriented
• Decisive and initiates action
• Performance under pressure (Resilience)
• Organised, structured and effective planner
• Problem solver
• Negotiation in getting agreement
• Analytical Skills
• Living the values
• Ability to work under pressure
• Planning and Organising
• Writing and Reporting
• Following Instructions and Procedures
• Working with People
• Team Player
• Service Orientation
WHO WE ARE:
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.