KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNT ABILITIES
- Audit of health records to ensure compliance
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
- Adhere to the Netcare Resuscitation and Reanimation policy and update regularly
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal
- Effective risk prevention and management
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of current research in the discipline
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Report and act upon potential/actual risks identified
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships.
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful) and any other related purposes and that therefore Netcare will not be in breach of the POPI ACT(Protection Of Personal Information Act 2013, Act No 4 of 2013) . Please note that your information will thus be processed for recruitment and related purposes to assess the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will be used for such related purposes and that we hereby have your consent hereto.
- If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- Must be an Enrolled Nurse, currently registered with the South African Nursing Council;
- Matric Certificate or an equivalent qualification.
- Operating Theatre training would be an advantageous.
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline
- Previous Theatre experience ( Urology )
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
- Must be prepared to be flexible in working hours / shift work and other disciplines
- The ability to actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals.
- Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialised field.