- Prospecton, South Africa
Auto req ID: 182683BR
- Performs instrumentation maintenance activities associated with process plant, packaging plant; palletizing plant, utilities and facilities.
- Monitors daily downtime and institute corrective action plans to prevent recurrences of breakdowns.
- Calibrates, repairs and maintains control gear/instrumentation and associated equipment to ensure operation within set standards;
- Perform root cause analysis to address asset performance problems and/or reduce cost;
- Maintains PLCs and SCADA systems and networks (hardware and software) and perform changes/modification as required;
- Continuously evaluates the process control philosophy and initiate improvement actions in order to achieve asset performance targets;
- Implements continuous improvement on all electronic equipment in the plant.
- Assist in commissioning of modifications/projects;
- Ensures proper documentation of changes/modifications and perform internal audits;
- Fault finding and repair of electronic systems to card level.
- Fault finding and repairs of electronic cards down to component level.
- Ensure availability of spares for all electronic/control systems in the plant.
- Accurately and timeously reports process equipment deviations to stakeholders to meet/improve equipment availability and reliability targets.
- Ensure proper back-up of all PLC programs and maintain records of all upgrades.
- Ensure the safe operations of process control systems.
- Audit of control system equipment.
- Resolve daily plant instrumentation and PLC/Software issues and complete root cause analysis
- Ensure all back-up software is up to date and process control systems on the plant are functional
- Calibration of process equipment.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment.
- Conducts all scheduled maintenance within required timeframes
- Performs all emergency electronic maintenance
- Updates and Reviews documentation relating to work done and or changes in original specifications
- Signs off on alternative systems suppliers based on equipment performance
- Qualified artisan with at least N6/S4 qualification in Process Instrumentation
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience in the Production/FMCG environment.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and maintenance software
- Must have strong knowledge and experience in control systems – SCADA and PLCs, ACDC drives and SCADA systems.
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation, HAZOP studies, PIDs and quality standards
- Strong PLC programming skills and thorough knowledge of operator interfaces and Wonderware.
- Working experience with industrial communication methodologies (RS-232, ASI, Devicenet, Ethernet)
- Extensive experience with operator interfaces; and energy devices such as drives; servo drives; thyristors; soft starters etc.
- Problem solving
- Team player
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular