POST: Graphic Designer (Captain)
LOCATION: Corporate Communication and Liaison: Corporate Image,
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: R370 908.00 per annum
*Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the
*Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate
*Be a SA Citizen;
*Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
*Be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
*Must not have visible tattoos when wearing the summer uniform;
*Must have no previous convictions or cases pending;
*Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security
screening and fingerprint verification.
*Be in possession of a three (3) year Degree or Diploma recorded on the
National Learner Record Database on NQF level 6 or higher in Graphic Design.
*Two (2) years’ experience in the field of the post (Graphic Designer) of which
one (1) should be on supervisory level. Must be proficient in Adobe Creative
Cloud. Must be Apple Mac proficient.
*Strong portfolio of your own original designs and complete a practical test.
*Must be able to self-manage and work under pressure; tight deadlines on a
*Weight: Mid-Weight to Senior Designer
*Strong conceptual/design skills
*Strong DTP – Supply jobs print ready or for digital publishing
*Be able to work efficiently and accurately without supervision
*Social Media design
*Design and layout of annual reports and other magazines
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and
at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously
utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application
form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the
rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must
be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with
the application form.
- Due to current lockdown restrictions, uncertified copies will be
accepted of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all
educational qualifications obtained together with academic
Record thereof and, service certificates of previous employers
stating the occupation period must also be submitted and attached
to the application form. Certified copies of documentation will be
obtained during the course of the selection process.
- Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification
checking with the relevant institutions. The South African
Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants
and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Police Service Act,
1995 as applicable to the post environment.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be
accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is 06 April 2021 at 16h00.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to
undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified
posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual
Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No
32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005).
A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National
Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection
Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If
you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date
of this advertisement, please accept that your application was
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post
after the advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS
Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at:
Opera Plaza, Annex Building
Cnr Pretorius & Banklane Street
Application must be deposited into the box available at the reception area.
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to:
The Section Head: Corporate Support
(Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela)
Corporate Support, South African Police Service
Private Bag X 94
Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela/
WO TB Tshabalala / SPO KK Mashiloane at
Telephone: 012 393 4273/ 012 4501 3461
HOW TO APPLY?
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM BELOW